Inspiration Day

Friday, April 15, 2011

With a few large and complicated orders coming up we have been spending our time looking for items to inspire us. As an avid blog reader I keep coming across pages of inspiration which has been keeping me lovely and busy and filling up the think tank.

I often go the lovely Amy Atlas page. Her designs are so well executed and so beautiful. She has a real flair for detail and she is my design hero. She too often posts items for inspiration. Last year I remember her posting an item about IKEA...yes, IKEA! I wanted to share with you the details.

IKEA have a baking book (who knew!) and anyone who knows me knows I love a baking book. In fact I think I would say I collect them. I cant help it, sometimes I dont even bake anything from them but just look at the photos. I love food photography and the images from the IKEA shoot are incredible. I dont currently own the IKEA bake book but Im on the hunt. Havent seen it for sale in the UK so will search the usual domains to purchase one.





Im love with the deconstructed element of the ingredients and how they are styled is beautiful and so clever. If I ever publish my own baking book ( a dream I might add) I want a section on deconstructed cupcakes. I just knew that couldnt be the only person to have thought of this so off I went googling.

Oh my, I found the most amazing image..The Anatomy of the Cupcake:


When making cupcakes for my up and coming orders Im going to make a deconstructed cupcake art piece. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment